Fractured Atlas staff members love to learn! Not only do we have an annual $1,000 professional development allowance and an office library full of books, but Fractured Atlas staff are always creating new ways to learn from one another and others. Below are some examples of how this learning culture plays out in practice.
We want you to develop your skills so you're an even more stellar professional tomorrow than you are today. Fractured Atlas gives each staff member a $1,000 allowance each fiscal year to apply towards professional development expenses. These include things like books and manuals not required for work, tuition, conferences, coaching, coffee with mentors, and things that inspire you. All we ask is that you pre-approve these items with the COO, CPO, VPE, or VPER, and that you learn something.
Each year, Adam considers one or two items above the base allowance. If you have something in mind that exceeds your annual allowance, discuss it with a member of the People team.
Visiting Professionals Series
Our Visiting Professional Series aims to bring in high-level executives who work primarily outside of the cultural sector. The low-key pizza lunches occur about once a quarter and allow our staff to talk with the guest about a broad range of topics that transcend sectors.
Past speakers have included:
- Carol McFate (Chief Investment Officer, Xerox)
- Tom Gardner (Co-Founder & CEO, The Motley Fool)
- Chris Hassall (Global External Relations Officer, Procter & Gamble)
- Tom Allen (6-term U.S. Representative, Maine's 1st District)
- Steve Morris (Chairman & CEO, Arbitron)
- Christine Bader (Director, Social Responsibility, Amazon)
- Jack Watters (Vice President, External Medical Programs, Pfizer)
- Brett Stover (Strategy & Insights Officer, Executive Vice President, Saatchi & Saatchi X)
- The Internet & You
- Game Theory
- Beginner Rails
- Crucial Conversations
- Decision Analysis
- Book Club
- Wine Club
- Craft Club